Friday, September 28, 2018

"Hey Whatever"

Hola familia. 

I hope you guys have had a great week of school, in Minnesota, and at home. Things here at the CCM have gone great and I'm enjoying each day. 


Since I forgot to talk of the food in last weeks letter, I'll start off with that. Each meal there's usually two main entrees. One of my favorite meals here is the occasional spaghetti. There's actually a funny story about that I'll share. One evening for dinner they had spaghetti for dinner. It was made just the way I like it, and so I was super excited to try it. It was great and reminded me of moms home cooked meals. Well, about week later they had the same meal, and so obviously I had to get it again. I put the red sauce on top, grabbed two cups of my favorite mango drink and sat down with my district. Now I'm not even joking, they must have put ghost peppers in the sauce, because it was so hot. My mouth was on Fuego. I'll have to watch out for that the next time they serve spaghetti. I try my best to choose one of the two meals, but when in doubt I always have peanut butter toast, pineapple and watermelon. The food here is great and I almost never hungry. 

Classes are going great and I really like my teachers. They're funny and cool, which makes the classes go by faster and enjoyable at some times. There are many difficult and long days in the classroom, so it can be hard to stay focused. A few days out the week our district will go to a computer lab and study Spanish online. That's always a good break.
 



We have been also teaching two investigators, which are actually just our teachers acting like they know nothing. It's really good practice, especially when our Spanish isn't all that great. Luckily Elder Mazleyrat knows quite a bit to communicate, so when Hilton and I don't know what to say we just look at Mazaleyrat. Its actually funny. We have fun teaching and I'm so glad to be with them. 

So an interesting event happened just this past Monday. 

There's a missionary, who all of the sudden was sitting in a meeting or a class and looked up and instantly forgot everything since 2nd grade. He didn't know where he was at, what he was doing,  nothing. He isn't in my district but is in my zone. It was his last day in the CCM, which would mean he'd be leaving the next Tuesday morning for Guadalajara. But because of his circumstances he went to a hospital in Mexico for a MRI and the results according to the doctor weren't good. I tell you this because he is now my companion. He's a great and super kind guy. So yesterday he had an appointment with the CCM hospital to go over the official results of his MRI.  I don't know all the technical terms, but somehow in his head there's an area where blood isn't getting to, causing him to forget things. Unfortunately he will be sent home, and most likely not be able to come back on his mission. He leaves tomorrow afternoon with another doctor, because he can't fly by himself. I really like this Elder and will be hard to see him go, but I'm grateful I got to spend a few days with him. 

Tuesday night, the Latinos in our Casa told us to go in the living room for a meeting. We walked in the room and there was a bunch of snacks and stuff sitting on the table. We had a short testimony meeting, then just hung out and ate some food. It was a really awesome experience for me hearing about them bearing their testimony in Spanish and how they said they would miss us when they leave next week. I love those guys. Latinos are awesome. We have a quote between us in the casa and we repeat everytime we see each other. It's the beginning of a song but we just say the first line. It goes like this. "Triste mamá me siento triste" , which in English the song talks about how a boy is sad because his girlfriend found another guy. It's so random but they sing it all the time. So we've just picked up on it too. 

The days are long here, not going to lie. Although It is hard to believe I'm already two weeks out. I am so grateful to be serving a mission. I reflect on home a lot, but I'm so glad to be here. We are so blessed to have such a close family, no matter where were at in the world. Love you all very much. 

My thought for this week. When you didn't do very well on a test or when you get a door slammed in your face. Just remember what Mary Roach (Although if she does make it to Hollywood it will be Gilboux) said..

"Hey Whatever". 

Elder Nissinen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment