Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Three Sons

Dear friends and family, 


Transfer news has come in. I'm training.... again! I won't figure out who I'm training until the very last minute, so I'm excited to get the news. I'm happy I get to train again. Most of my mission has been training in some sort, so it's a great opportunity to have a fresh start and get the greenie fired up about the work. Plus, it means I'm staying in Ho for a bit longer, which is perfectly fine by me. I'll never know if I'll get the opportunity to train ever again after this, so I'm looking to make sure I do it this time with no regrets, leaving my "son" well equipped with the skills, knowledge, and habits he'll need to start a successful mission. With the Lord's aid, I feel confident in my abilities this time around to do it right.

With Elder Omokoh leaving and everything, our area's suffered a bit. I'll be looking to hit it hard with the new Elder this week. Our teaching pool has dramatically shrunk and shifted, so it looks like we'll be doing a lot of finding. Elder Omokoh will be missed and loved. He's a great teacher, and I'm emulating some of his teaching strategies already. 
Last sunday with Elder Omokoh. 

I guess the highlight of my week was the Kente Festival. I have no idea what it's all about or what it means, but basically there's just a ton of people and a lot of kente! Kings and village chiefs come in from all around the country to be honored. Lots of Senior couples came. Elder Marcus B. Nash and his wife were there! Photographers and visitors from all around the world came too. It was a cool thing to see. I got myself some sweet kente! 
Annual Kente Festival in a nearby village. Pretty big deal. People come from all over to watch/celebrate it. Lots of kente too! Lots of chiefs and kings come too. This is some king that is a member?
 I don't really know, but he was important.

Lots of cheap and nice kente there. I bought some sweet ones. 

This upcoming week will be very busy and exciting for our mission. Tomorrow and Wednesday the new missionaries from Ghana and Provo MTC come in. Wednesday Elder Gary E. Stevenson and Elder Ulisses S. Soares from the Seventy will be coming to speak to us and the West Mission. Big days ahead! 
Elder Gary E. Stevenson 
Elder Ulisses Soares

Congrats on the new job Joe. Maybe you'll be a better burger-flipper than I was. Enjoy school! Have a great week. 

Love always, 

Daddy (Elder) Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment