Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Cold Mornings

Dear family and friends, 

It's been another great week in Tsito. Transfer news rolled out, and I was worried I'd be leaving. After all, I've been in this district for almost 10 months now. Horne and I are staying! We're both real happy about that. We're firing on all cylinders and we want to keep it that way. 

As all too usual in missionary work, with as much new investigators to follow up with, we also had to drop a lot. It's a never-ending task of adding and dropping investigators, but that's what keeps the days different sometimes. We contacted a lot of people. This week I contacted the people that would smile and wave back at me. Nice people are usually the ones that progress! We'll see what happens this week. 
A cute little duckling


Add caption


Church was great. A young woman couldn't give her talk, so she called and asked if I could. For zero preparation on the topic, I felt like I did pretty decent haha. But it's not too big of a deal when you're only speaking to 39 people either. We also held a meeting with all the endowed members of the branch and instructed them on the garment. Seems like they forgot some important parts, and we needed to remind them on a few details. 

Elder Horne and I love fufu!




We've discussed for a while the idea of having a literacy class. So many members here don't know how to read or write English. There's a great NGO program created by a Mormon guy that is used all around Ghana that we're going to implement. We announced it Sunday and almost half the branch signed up. We're hoping it will be a success and that it'll be a way to bring non-members in. 


 Exchanges with Elder Howland

The mornings here are cold lately. Horne and I are shivering whenever we wake up! 
Elder Horne with some kids

In Seminary we studied John 3. As I was preparing the lesson, I got a deeper understanding of verse 16. The most ultimate expression of love is found there: God sending His perfect Son to die for us so that all of us, if we choose so, can return to live with Him again. God really does love us! 
Our apartment was getting some maintenance done on it so it's safer. They were welding and painting and the guys just made the place a  mess. But the apartment is absolutely spotless now. Probably the cleanest in the mission in my opinion. 

Have a great, cold week. 

Love Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment