Wednesday, June 14, 2017

See Ya Elder Allen

Dear family and friends, 


 Last week was Elder Allen's last week as a missionary. He worked hard, right to the end, filling the teaching pool. I'm grateful for that. With him leaving, it really struck me of how soon I have left here. 6 weeks might come too quick! 







We found some new people to teach. A few of them are very interested, and the hope is to have them baptized before I go.

Sunday was one of the better Sunday's I've had in a long while. We worked all day Saturday to invite and commit every investigator we knew, and Sunday many of them came! The best was a family that we've worked with for quite a while. A mother, father, and daughter all came. When I looked behind to see if they showed up and saw the father sitting several rows behind me, I almost cried from joy. Man, that felt so good to see them there. I think they had a great time, and our plan is to baptize them next month if things keep rolling this way. 

Immediately after church was Priscilla's baptism. Priscilla is a 10 year-old girl who's parents are less-actives. She's the cutest little girl, and it was so nice to have the whole family there to support her. The only problem was... no water! The city shut off the water Saturday morning, so we could only fill the font to about 2 feet of water. Well, by Sunday afternoon, we were down to about my knee-length of water. Allen was the baptist and had Priscilla sit down, as he said the prayer on his knees! It was hilarious, but he nailed it first try. She was baptized by immersion. It was a perfect finish to Elder Allen's last Sunday: investigators and a baptism.



We still don't have water, and have been using rain water and the water left in the font to bath and wash clothes/dishes with. Hopefully the city decides to give us water back. That would be very polite of them. 

Allen left this morning. He's excited for home. He was a great companion, and I'm grateful I could serve with him. My new companion is Elder Ackley, also from Utah. He's a super cool guy, and I'm really lucky to have him too. Can't believe he's my last companion. We have a lot of work ahead. I just want to do as much as I can before it's too late.

Have a great week! Congratulations Rosie on finishing GHS! 

Love always,   Elder Nissinen





Fufu and fish from a member.
We thought that this cat was dead, but it's alive. Flies were literally eating it alive. 

Sardine sandwich. It's actually really good!


No comments:

Post a Comment