Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Hey Whatever. - Mary Roach

Hola Familia,

         Hope you've all had a great week. Seems like everyone is doing well and enjoying the somewhat cold winter. It's defiantly getting colder and the thermal garments are the best. Somehow mom you ordered them on Monday and I got them on Tuesday. That's faster than Amazon! I honestly would where them in the summer, they make the world of difference. Sorry I'm emailing later than usual, this morning we went to a Museum in Toppenish about how Yakima was brought up. It was a super cool super and I learned quite a bit.This week was a super great week because we got to go to Yakima a few times for meetings and P-day, so I hope I can remember all the things that happened. 


Last Tuesday was my first official Zone conference. It was up in Yakima at the stake center. All those pictures you saw Sister Jackman posted were from that. She is the best with pictures. She will literally take pictures all the time and upload them no matter the event. The Zone conference was super great and since it was around the Christmas season they introduced Light the World. I'm sure you've all seen it, but it you haven't go check it out. There's a four week theme and each one is a different way to light the world. So keep those in mind as you go about your day, here in a few weeks.


 

Wednesday, Elder Bradshaw had a meeting up in Yakima as well. To save some drive time, I spent a few hours with another Elder in a town called Toppenish about 20 minutes from Sunnyside. We basically just tracked the area then had lunch at Subway where missionaries get 60 percent off. Great deal, huh. After that Elder Bradshaw and I headed back home and continued throughout our day. I also, finally, got my ironing board. I had asked for one weeks ago and it just barely came. I previously had used an old sheet and a table. 

Last Friday was the day for interviews with President Jackman. To be honest, I actually look forward to seeing the Jackmas and talking with them. They are so cool, down to earth and, just normal. In fact President Jackman doesn't like Mormon Tabernacle choir, but chooses to listen to other singers, funny right? Sister Jackman brought homemade cookies and they reminded me of the ones mom made at home. That was also the time you received that random text message from here. Keep her in your contacts, you will be receiving those every six weeks, I believe. Next time she says it will be a video instead. Haha. 

So Saturday was kind of a different day as far as the evening went. Back a long time ago, Elder Bradshaw met a guy named Pete when he was serving in Yakima. Just this past Saturday Pete got baptized and we were able to go and see him in Yakima. It was the first baptism I have probably seen since a younger cousin or my own, so it was nice to bring back those memories. Pete was an awesome guy and excited, although I had never talked or seen him before he was really happy. I can only imagine how happy I will be when I have my first baptism. Also the Jackman's were there which means I got to see them three times this week. As I said before, I look forward each time I get to see them. 

Dinners have been going great, some nights member dinners fall through, but most of the time we are always fed. One of my favorite Mexican meals is Pasole (Pah-sol-eh). I have no idea how to spell it but it something like that. Its a little hard to explain, but its a soup with these rice balls and meat. Depends on who's making it, but last night there was also pig skin or something like that in it as well. As long as I don't know what it is before i'm eating it I will be fine. Haha. 

We have been teaching Miguel and Lucia, who are doing pretty well. I hope by this week we can get them both set on a baptismal date. The Ruiz family unfortunately aren't doing as well as we hoped they would be at this point. HEY WHATEVER. Somehow they are just never home or sleeping by the time we get there. And yes we have adjusted the time of the appointments but still they are sleeping. We will keep in touch with them, but who knows what this next week will bring. My Spanish is improving for sure, but I know only with time I will be able to see a difference. 

Well that's pretty much my week. I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving. Remember to count your many blessings. I love each of you very very much. Please be safe and have fun.

There will be some pictures in the Drive, but you can also check some on Sister Jackman's Facebook page and I should be in some of those.  

Elder Nissinen 

No comments:

Post a Comment