Wednesday, December 19, 2018

"I Know Him" - Elf

Wow, Christmas is almost here. I honestly can't wait to talk to you all next week. This week was awesome. Since Christmas is around the corner we have had some meetings and gatherings that have definitely brought in the Christmas spirit. Here are some highlights for this week. 







This week we had to drive to Yakima and back roughly 3 times. Yakima is the best because you have the Mission home, Mission Office and some of the best restaurants. So almost every time were up there well stop by some place to eat. Last Wednesday, Elder Bradshaw had District leader Orientation. Since I couldn't go into the meeting, I hung outside with another Elder who also couldn't go in. He's a super cool elder, just a transfer younger than me and we have already become good friends. 


Last week we also went to the Chiropractor. It was a guy who is in the Ward, but he invited us and the Hermanas to come. It felt amazing. There's a video I put in the drive for last weeks pictures, I think you'll find it funny. I'm not too much into cracking my neck and all that, well I don't even know how to crack my neck, but he did it and it kind of startled me. Haha. 

This past Saturday was our Zone Meeting or Christmas Gathering. There were four Zones In total and we all met up at a members home. This house was huge and had tons of things to do. Pinball, foosball, ping pong and all. Sister Jackman is the best at taking pictures huh. She's always got her camera out. Make sure to check out those pictures of Facebook. We had lunch, which was fantastic, then each zone performed a skit or a song. Our zone sang, "What Child is This", and others acted out the nativity scene. After that President Jackman walked up to the microphone and asked if we wanted to watch The Jungle Book or Coco. I voted for the Jungle Book but everyone else wanted Coco. Yes, Jacob and B, you both can make jokes back and forth. Each mission is different and others are better. Haha. After we finished the Movie, Sister Jackman shared a Christmas story. Right before she finished, Santa walked down the stairs. All the missionaries were excited and laughing and I couldn't help but tell out a classic quote from the movie Elf. I said, "I know him, 10 am tomorrow people". I must say it was pretty funny. Santa then shared some things, then gave each companionship a Christmas present....A Crockpot. There are going to be so many changes this January, in the church and the Yakima mission. I don't know a lot of things but I dot know some things about the dinner schedule. Dinners, starting this January will be from 4-5. This way our finding opportunities will increase and more people will be available. Also our evening schedule will be a little different. I'm not completely sure of the times. but I think from 7-9 we are asked to only be in homes of the Members. Of course with the exception of if we have set lesson. I like this idea, but the dinner time change will be a little harder, just because its really early, but oh well. These are all the changes that will be happening, I will have more information this coming week. 

This week we also had some great lessons and were able to get in contact with the Ruiz family once again. It had been nearly a month since we stepped inside their house, but last night we got in. Come to find out that Josefina's parents are member of the church. We watched a little bit of the Restoration Movie and asked her and Galdino a few questions. They have been taking lessons for years with the missionaries, and I think it's about time for them to be baptized. They really want to and they know its' true, but they have been experiencing some difficulties this year and during this Christmas season that have been delaying from that. Hopefully this coming week we can see improvement. 



Well that's about it for this week. Yes! Mom I got your package, but I won't open it until Christmas morning. I love the family package as well.

 Our family is the best, literally. Can't wait to talk to you all very soon. We will be with our Zone on Christmas morning, so I will most likely call in the afternoon, but that could change. What ever the time we call, it will be the best.

Love you all very much. Please be safe and have fun. 

Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment