Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Relatives....Apparently?

Hola Familia, 

I hope you all had a fantastic week of school, work, coaching, or serving. The Christmas season is just around the corner and so houses are now all lit in Sunnyside. Here are some of the highlights from this week. 


So Monday night, President Wise from the branch called Elder Bradshaw and I so help him with a priesthood blessing. We went over to their house and gave this man a blessing. Since he spoke only Spanish they let me off the hook as far as saying anything for the blessing, but I have given blessings before. In fact last week I believe, I gave my very first blessing. We were then able to get a return appointment with them to teach the lessons. So the next day we brought a member from the branch with us and taught the restoration. Everything went super smooth and they seemed interested in our message. One question that was funny that they asked was "Can you guys Dance". We asked them to prepare themselves for a baptism on the 19th of January, and they excepted. We are going to have another appointment with them this week and help them reach their goal. Hope it goes well. 

Tuesday or Wednesday we were out knocking on doors and we couldn't find anyone interested. From the doorstep, I could see a man looking at us from across the street. We went to the next house and he was still watching us. A little bit later we headed back to the car and we passed by him and his son. I waved and simply said "Hey", he turned around and replied "You guys do good things". It was a little difficult to hear him, so walked towards him. To fast forward 45 minutes later standing outside in about 25 degrees, he had talked to missionaries before but not too much. He has had many problems, like problems times 10. So he's in a pretty big hole. Unfortunately he doesn't live in our area but we refereed him over to the missionaries who would be able to visit him. As he was explaining his problems, he started to tear up. I expressed what I felt and with the weather being so cold or the spirit, I slightly teared up as well. I almost never get like that, like never, but I couldn't hold it back like I wanted to. I don't know where he will end up, or what lessons he'll take, but I did plant a seed that could grow to be a tree. 


This weekend, the English Ward had their Christmas dinner. Lots of people came, and we were able to stop in and talk to some people. That was when I met Gayle Bland. Apparently (Because apparently, every time apparently) she has been to several Family reunions, but I was too young to even remember. It was great talking with her about family back at home and hopefully soon we can go over to her daughter's or my other relative home for dinner. At the dinner that night, the primary sang some songs and even Santa and Mrs.Claus were there. I kind of wanted to get a picture, but the line was too long. I would've though. We actually didn't have dinner at the Ward Party, but at Roberto's Grandparents home. She had randomly called us last Wednesday and invited us over that Saturday. She was super exited to see us and she made us Tamales. She was having some sort of pain the past week, so we gave her a priesthood blessing. This time, however, I would be doing it and in Spanish. I had a reference page, so everything went smooth. 


Well that's about it. Only a few more weeks until I can see you all. We haven't figured a place to call yet, but hopefully we can dial that all down within the next week. I'm hoping we can do it at an English Members home, just because they know about WiFi and all that. This upcoming week should be super fun. Love you all very much. Please be safe and have fun. Wish I could play one more game with the team. 



Elder Nissinen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment