Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tansfers.....


Wow, it's been another super fast week. I hope you all have great week at school and at work. Transfers are this week, so I will tell you all the information about that and what will be happening. Other than that here are some of the highlights from this past week. 

Last Monday was my first time I had my apartment inspected. I had cleaned up a little the night before, but not too much. The apartment wasn't too bad, but it definitely wasn't great. So that morning I quickly got out of bed and cleaned up as much as I could while Elder Bradshaw was showering. I had no idea of how detailed they were going to check it and he didn't tell me, so I cleaned basically everything I could. Sure enough, a few hours later after grocery shopping and stuff we heard a knock at the door and it was Elder and Sister Doman, the apartment inspectors. They are super nice and literally only looked inside the microwave. Which is the only thing I didn't clean. It wasn't a big deal at all and so we passed. 

Wednesday we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. It was super fun having 4 elders in the apartment for two nights and talking to other elders. Down here in Sunnyside it it only Elder Bradshaw and I ,the rest are sisters. I went on the exchange with Elder Smith. He is a super cool and funny guy and we really get along. One funny story he told me while we were tracking was when he went on exchanges with the AP(Elder Russell) and they were knocking at the door when the guy said "Oh yah I don't believe in God". Elder Russell said "Oh man that sucks". It may not seem super funny, but I get a kick out of it every time.

Well Saturday arrived and was the morning of Transfer Calls. I still don't know a whole about how the calls work, but I know that President Jackman only calls if you are in a leadership position and being transferred or going into a leadership position. There is a few more exceptions, but I not totally sure how he does it. I was awaiting the call that morning, but we never got one. Which means Elder Bradshaw will be staying in Sunnyside and it is a 50/50 chance that I'm staying as well or going. The night came when they post the transfer board on Facebook and sure enough, I will be TRANSFERRED. I will be moving to Othello, which is about an hour away from here. My new companion will be Elder Cox. I don't know anything about him, but I look forward to serving with him. I will have lots more information in next week letter. I'd better start packing up. 

Yesterday was my last Sunday in the branch. Since we are now combined with the Toppenish Branch we have lots more people coming. We also had a mission farewell talk and there were nearly 100 people there. It filled the chapel pretty well. After church, I was able to get a picture with a few of the members that we got to know pretty well. Make sure to check out some of those in the Drive. I will miss Sunnyside a lot, just because I know the area and the people and everything is familiar, but I am excited to meet new people in a new area. 





Well I am glad everyone got the letter I sent out. I hope everyone continues to work hard and reads the scriptures everyday. There is so much we can learn from them. I notice things each day when I read. The Spanish is coming along. It will take many more months to be super comfortable, but I am hoping this next transfer I can learn much more. Thanks for all you have done for me. I love you all very much. 4 Months down. Went by fast right?

Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment