Sunday, February 3, 2019

Show Choir....

Hey all I hope you had a great week. This week has been crazy with Transfers, new companion, and new area. There's a lot I want to talk about, so hopefully I can remember everything I need to. Haha.


This past Wednesday was transfer day. There are some pictures Sister Jackman posted on Facebook when we were all at the transfer sight. So Monday and Tuesday night I spent the evening packing up all my stuff. I was very surprised about the amount of stuff I had. Not everything fit in my three suitcases so I had to have that extra big box mom sent me when I got here, plus another small box. Yah, I know first transfer and I already have twice as much stuff as the other missionaries I saw. Haha. But it's not because I just threw everything together, I just have a lot of stuff. I kept pretty organized though. Once we got to the transfer site, we quickly unpacked and got everyone situated, then I said goodbye to Elder Bradshaw. I enjoyed being companions with him and we had some great times together. Then a few of us got into the car with the APs and drove to the Quincy transfer site, where I would meet Elder Cox. After we got to the new transfer site, I met Elder Cox and the ward mission leader Brother Yorgesen. Elder Cox has been out for 18 months and is from New Mexico, but has lived in a few other states as well. I asked him what his favorite sports are and he replied, "Show Choir, if you consider that a sport" Haha. I was like "Oh, well ok". He has 8 other siblings and is the 4th oldest.  He is kind of a funny guy, so hopefully our personalities will click as the transfer goes on. We are serving in Mattawa Washington, about an hour an a half from Yakima. It is a very small town and only has one Subway. Haha. We live in the middle of nowhere about a 10 min drive from the main city. So it nice looking out the window and just seeing open mountains and fields. 



We are living in a trailer home next to some members. It is actually a super nice place to live. We even have a small workout room, plus our own washer and dryer. It's a major step up from the Sunnyside apartment. In our area, Elder Cox and I cover a Spanish Branch and an English Ward. I don't know many members, but they seem super nice and I look forward getting to know all of them. For P-days, like today, we go to Othello which is about 45 min away from Mattawa and hang out with our Zone and shop at Walmart. 


It sure has been an eventful week, but it's been great . The Spanish in this area is probably about the same as Sunnyside. The older they are the more likely they only speak Spanish, but most kids and younger parents will speak both. So I get to speak in English and Spanish equally, but maybe Spanish a little more. My Spanish is doing pretty decent. It is hard to judge yourself, but I would say I can speak it pretty well and understanding is always difficult because they speak very fast. But I am learning each day. 

Well that just about wraps up the week. Make sure to check out the pictures in the Drive. I hope you guys do well in School and work. You're always in my prayers. Love you all very much.  


-- 
Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment