Tuesday, January 21, 2014

This transfer has gone by so fast! I can't believe this is the last week of it. Chances are I'll be staying here with Elder B. for another transfer, but I've been wrong before. Who knows. Our ward is also getting sisters, which means we'll have to split the boundaries for them to work in. And if these sisters are in my district, it means that I'll have another sister companionship in it - crazy!
 
SorryI couldn't email yesterday. All the libraries were closed, but our zone leaders let us take a little time to email today.
 
But these last few days have been great!! The B.'s  daughters are all set to get baptized this Saturday. They're super pumped, and it'll be an exciting day for their whole family. We did a practice interview for each of them last week, and they all said they personally feel that they want to be baptized because of the blessings they know they'll have as a family. We talked to the father and he's excited to go to the temple and be sealed to his family. Right after he said that, I gave him a huge hug, because the temple is the biggest milestone for them - baptism is only the beginning!
 
The H.'s are also doing great. The sons are going to activities, and the family hasn't missed a Sunday yet, even with Stake Conference. Oh, and we got to hear from Elder Andersen and President Eyering at the broadcast! There was a ton of technical difficulties because the satellite dish was broken and the internet was shaky, but a lot of what was talked about was strengthening families. I love how our family is doing a Come to Christ resolution, it works perfectly. Also, the General Authories asked that all the California stakes fast in Februrary to have more moisture. I guess there's a drought here, and it's been the driest year in a while. 
 
The R.'s are amazing! They're selling their house, so Elder B.  and I spent the whole day Friday tearing down and rebuilding their fence. We hadn't done service in a while, so it felt great to spend time working in the sun. And the R.'s  really appreciated it. Sister R.  made your Chicken Pot Pie that night - I ate SO MUCH of it! When I took a bite I thought I was at home for a second. And the rest of the Rileys loved it too! And their address is  Hesperia CA 92345.
 
Elder B. informed me that I talked in my sleep again, and this time I think it's the most bizarre. I said, "The principle taught in the book of Isaiah is YOLO. You could rename it into the book of YOLO." I have NO IDEA where that came from. I haven't even been reading in Isaiah!
 
Yesterday for P-day we decided to go thrift shopping. There's a ton of thrift shops in Hesperia, and we hit at least 5. I didn't find much. I did get a Michael Jordan basketball card for $6. Maybe B has it already, idk. I also bought a polo shirt so in case I do stay in Mojave River, we're going to golf next transfer for a p-day. I've been itching to go.
 
Well, that's pretty much all that's been going on the last couple days. We actually need the sisters to help us out - there's so much work! And it's so awesome. Elder B. and I have been quoting Dumb & Dumber and Napoleon Dynamite back and forth to each other ever since we found out that we've seen them. :)
 
Love you all! I do have some time to do a little chatting if you can.
 
Love Elder Nissinen
 
P.S. "I heard you were kinda sensitive." -Opie
"Me, sensitive? There's one thing I'm NOT sensitive. Talk about being misunderstood." -Barney
"You are a little flustered." - Andy
"That's spirit! I'm a very spirited person! Big difference you know." -Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment