Monday, August 8, 2016

He's 6 ft. 3...

Dear family and friends, 


Things are looking pretty bright up in the bush. As you know, transfers were last week, and I'm thrilled I'm still here. Elder Effiong has been replaced by Elder Omokoh, also from Nigeria, who only has 5 weeks left now. He's a super great guy and an amazingly experienced teacher. I've already learned so much from the way he goes about during a lesson. I see this as a great opportunity to learn from him while I can. 
I get to walk around with a 6 ft 3 guy all day! We're both going to BYU-I at the same time... we've talked about rooming together.


Well, unfortunately it's a repeat of last week when it comes to baptisms: we had to postpone them AGAIN. Raphael had to leave for some work and won't be back until Wednesday, so this coming Sunday we should be guaranteed 4 baptisms. It forces me to be patient and long-suffering, but the baptisms will happen sooner or later. 

For one reason or another, we were short on investigators at sacrament meeting. It didn't quite go as planned, but everything is alright. 

One Elder in my district has been a bit sick lately, so that's been a little roadblock in the work. We'll find out soon what is wrong with him.
Hey Mom, you would have liked my survival skills the other day. We had lights off and I needed to iron my shirt. So I took the iron and put it on top of a frying pan over the gas stove! It worked! It's crazy that I'm almost a year. Too fast! I love it so much. It's the bomb.

Played some pong this morning. Man, my coordination is way rusty!


I don't have much else to report on this week. I'm looking forward to these next 5 weeks with Elder Omokoh!

A member owns a restaurant and gives us free dinner every Monday evening. She just made this new menu! I get the "Nissinen Special". It's just plain rice with some stew on top with sometimes spaghetti and a boiled egg. Can't beat that! 

Joe, good luck on your driver's test. Enjoy being 16. Jacob, can't believe you're almost married. It's not easy missing my brother's wedding. I suppose this will be a couple hard days for me, but I guess I expected it to happen before I got back. I can't wait to hear more from you guys next week. Hope everything goes as planned and you always remember that special day. 

Have a super special great week! 

Love, 

Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment