Tuesday, February 28, 2017

"I Don't Think We're in Tsito Anymore"

Dear family and friends, 


Man, I had no idea I'd have culture shock twice on my mission. Christiansborg is so different from Tsito. It kind of hit me Thursday and Friday. Actually, I'm still adjusting to the city. I've never heard so many people speak English, especially kids. For the first time in a long while, I had my first conversation with a child. I was really surprised when I heard kids (and adults) pray in English. The city life is so drastically different from where I was coming from, it's quite amazing. There are tall buildings, lots and lots of cars, people everywhere (including foreigners) and lots of restaurants. It's a little hotter hear too.




My companion is Elder Burns. He's a stud. We get along really great and he's showing me the ropes. He's been in the area for quite a while, so I've gotta learn quick before he leaves. We have a lot in common actually. I'm excited! 

I haven't done much as a ZL yet, but that'll change soon as Burns lets me do more. 

Sunday we had a surprise guest at our sacrament meeting: Carol F. McConkie - the 1st Counselor in the General Young Women's Presidency. We were also joined by Elder Stanfill of the Area Presidency. Sister McConkie and her husband spoke, as well as Elder and Sister Stanfill. It was a great sacrament meeting, and a rare opportunity to be in their presence. Elder Burns and I actually got to talk to them for a few minutes before sacrament meeting started, so that was cool I guess. Not every day do you get to shake hands and talk to a Counselor in the General YW Presidency. 



We extended a date to a super golden investigator last week. I think we might be able to get a few baptisms next month if things align. He and a few other investigators attended sacrament.

As you can tell, this is a bit more comfortable of an area, so I'm happy about that. The work is different and overall trickier here, so the strategies are also different. I'm really excited to work and grow here! 

Sorry about the flooding. Hope you have a great week. 


Love Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment