Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Again?

Dear family and friends, 

It's been a bit of a strange week for Elder Scott and I. We've been really busy teaching, but towards the end of the week luck wasn't on our side. 

A few days ago, Elder Scott said we needed to go back to the apartment. He sits me down and tells me he got a call from President Heid, and that he's to go on transfer. From the way he said it I thought he was being sarcastic, so I didn't believe it. But he wasn't joking. So that was really sad. Both of us "planned" on this being our last area and companions, but the Lord has other ideas. 
Me and Elder Scott

My new companion is Elder Allen from a tiny town in Utah. He's only got 9 weeks left, so this should be his last area. I know him pretty well (his area borders ours). I'm sad Elder Scott left, but happy to work with Elder Allen.

On Friday Elder Scott got his bike stolen while we were teaching a lesson. He forgot to lock them up, so it was pretty much our fault. I hope his bike shows up somewhere - maybe I'll see some guy riding it and get it back. 

Saturday morning to Monday morning we didn't have any electricity. Saturday night was blazing hot, but basically all day Sunday it rained, so it was a lot cooler that night. Church on Sunday was great. Three of our four converts showed up to church and were confirmed. Emelia bore a great testimony, and so did her friend that brought her to the Church. One of the girl's mothers bore another great testimony and expressed gratitude that her family has come to the true Church. It was really nice to hear them say those things. 

Another great part of the week was at MLC (Mission Leadership Council). President and Sister Heid gave some fantastic instruction to us about how to lead and earn the love and respect of others. Sister Heid quoted a lot from "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. She highly encourages all her high school students and children to read it. The whole meeting was full of free, fantastic advice from wise leaders. I really enjoyed it, and look forward to sharing those thoughts with my zone this week. 

Have a great week! 


Love, Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment