Sunday, February 3, 2019

Another Week in Mattawa

¿Cómo están? 
I hope you all have had a great week and done something fun. This past week has gone by super fast and I can't wait to tell you all about it. 

For those of you who looked up my address on google earth, yes we live next to some members out in the middle of nowhere. So each day, whether it's to the church or into town it's at least a 10 min drive. It is pretty nice to look outside and just see nothing for miles and the mountains. Our neighbors the Hansens are super nice and almost every time we go over there they will give us something. That's why in the pictures of our trailer we have just a corner of food given by the members or our investigators. The Hansens also have a dog named Shadow that lives just right outside our trailer. She is a super nice dog and one of these days in the morning I want to go for a run with it. Although almost every night it will bark because of the coyotes. Sometimes Brother Hansen will pull out his gun and fire off a few shots to shut her up. Haha. 
I did some Nissinen cleaning. Before and after!




This past week there was also a Super MLC, so Elder Cox went to that in Yakima and I did exchanges with another Elder. It was super fun driving again, I almost didn't want that day to end. We were able to knock on quite a bit of doors that morning and afternoon and he had only been out in his mission for about a week. So I had to take charge and help work with him with his Spanish and all that. I really enjoyed that day, luckily I will see him today during our zone P-day. Last Thursday we also had Doctrine of Christ in Quincy. I was supposed to have done it last transfer but because there were only a few missionaries they did it this transfer. It was great seeing the Jackman's again and like always she takes a bunch of pictures. So if you haven't already seen the one picture on Facebook, check it out. 


Sunday was another great day at church. I am still pretty new and so I am trying to get to know as many people as I can. We were sitting in the English ward so bishop could introduce me.  I was thinking and planning of what I wanted to say to everyone if they had asked me to go up, but instead they just said we have a new elder from Hillsboro. They will probably be asking me to give a talk within the next few weeks, or I'll bear my testimony next week. Then we walked into the Spanish branch to attend their sacrament meeting and President was giving the announcements, he asked me to come up and introduce myself. I knew it was coming. I knew what I wanted to say, just had to do the translating part. Haha. It actually turned out super good. I asked if everyone understood me before I started to introduce myself and I got a few heads nodding. Haha, some people say I have a good accent, so I am excited to see how far my Spanish comes by the end of the year. 

My spaghetti this week turned out really good!

Well that just about wraps up the week. Thanks so much for the emails, I really look forward each week to hear from you all. Love you very much.

Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment