Monday, February 4, 2019

Elder Neesinen (Knee-sin-nen)

Wow it has been a great week in Mattawa. We had Zone Conference, Exchanges and Interviews all within the same week. So, it was a pretty busy week for sure. 


Massive Fog!



To start off, Elder Cox and I left Wednesday morning to Othello for exchanges with the Zone leaders. I was actually able to exchange with the first Elder I met when I got off the plane in Yakima so it was fun looking back on that time. He is an awesome missionary and we were able to find three new people while tracking. Later that night when we got back to his apartment, another Elder said he had a few magic tricks. I try to act like I don't know what he is doing, but most the time I have either seen the trick or I can figure it out. However, when I showed them a few a mine they always say do it again. Here's a funny story that happened last night. I asked a family if they had a deck of cards. They brought out a deck of picture cards used to play Mexican Bingo. I told them it would work and so i continued showing them the Sister Blanchard trick. I told one of them to find the card with a frog on it. As she was trying to find the card she moved her hand towards the end of the pile, which was exactly where the frog card was. I was saying in my mind, "Oh no, don't pick that card". She ended up choosing the frog card which ruined the whole trick. It didn't make a good reveal when she did chose the right card. Luckily I told them next time I will bring my deck of cards. 

Thursday was Zone conference, and like always it is great to see President and Sister Jackman. One of the main focuses during this Zone Conference was more effective daily and weekly planning. We also received the "New" Preach My Gospel, but really there are only a few differences, like adding words or replacing words. Now because of this new change, weekly planing takes a little longer, but as time goes on we will be able to be more effective in planning for the people and their needs. Another thing that Sister Jackman shared was the Parable of the missionary and the coloring book. Imagine a simple picture of Pooh Bear and Tiger. Now imagine a super complex picture of a lion, in great detail. With these picture in mind, Sister Jackman asked us to broaden our "Target Market" and start or I guess continue working with Teenagers. I hope I explained that well enough, but it made sense when she talked about it. Like Sister Jackman always has, she left each of us with a complex coloring page of a lion, like the one she showed us. For some reason though she took lots of pictures, but only uploaded like 15 on Facebook. At least I had a single shot of me and the first picture you wold see if you went to that post. So make sure to check those out.

Saturday was Interviews in Royal which is about 30 minutes from Mattawa. When we walked into the Seminary building President was just finishing an interview with a Hermana, then it was me. Its always a surprise when people pronounce my name. If they talk to me on a regular basis, then they know how to say it, but if it's President you really don't know what your going to get. This explains my the reason for the Title. He pronounces it like Knee-sinen. I don't want to just come out and tell him, so I just left it alone. Maybe next time I'll politely correct him. We had a quick short chat, because he was running behind schedule and needed to talk to Elder Cox as well. So we switched places and I chatted with Sister Jackman for like 15 minutes. That was when you received a picture from her Mom. This time she asked me how my Journal writing is going. I told her I hadn't missed a day. Then she asked how detailed i was. I told her not super detailed, but I write the highlights. She then went on to say, that the Book of Mormon was written in detail, why should yours be any different. I told her "Good point Sister Jackman". She said "Did Nephi skip writing the details on his journey?", I said "No, Sister Jackman, he actually didn't". Well you get the point. So I'am working on writing my Journal a little bit more in detail, and I extend that invitation to all of you as well. 

Thats' about it. Thanks so much for your emails. I look forward each week to hearing from you all. Love and miss you all so much. Stay warm. Check out google photos for pictures. 

-- 
Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment