Monday, February 24, 2014

Hey there!

Well, my "sleeptalking" self struck again last night. Only this time I did some lethal damage - to my companion! I actually remember getting up at 1:01 this morning, thinking that it was 6:30, and while I was stumbling in the dark (or sleepwalking, I can't remember) I poked Elder B. in the EYE! I thought it was all a weird dream, but it explained why he was a little mad at me this morning haha. Beats me!

This week we didn't have any luck finding new people to teach. We've decided to go through the names of everyone in our area book who haven't been contacted yet. It'll keep us busy and hopefully we'll find a couple people interested in learning more. We've even resorted to tracting. Yes, this week was my first week of tracting. And I now know why the Prophet and Apostles are saying to not make it a priority - it's so not effective haha. We do have some appointments set up with potentials this week. 

Some exciting news for ya....we have a CAR!!! Because of some medical stuff and a missionary had to go down to the mission office, there was an extra car in the Hesperia Zone - and we got it!!!! President gave it to us after Zone Conference on Thursday. Originally Elder B.  couldn't drive; we didn't know why. So I got to drive home from Zone Conference!!! It felt so freaky driving after 7 months. The next morning President called us and said Elder B.  could drive, and because I'm a visa-waiter, my companion is the designated driver. Which makes me the designated "back-out." The car is cool; it's a 2014 Chevy Cruze with only 10000 miles on it. We used it a couple days, but we decided we like biking better. So we bike in the day and drive at night. Since it's pretty sketchy to bike at night here, the car helps a lot. 

But the best part of the week was yesterday at church. D. and K. were given the Aaronic Priesthood. We first ordained D.  to the office of priest, and then right afterwards, D. ordained his son to a deacon. It was SO COOL!!! They were so worthy and prepared to do it too. All the priesthood brethren afterwards were congratulating them. 

We have a bunch of service this week. We might even be reading to a bunch of little kids at a library for Dr. Seuss day. A lot of the Relief Society ladies have been asking us to help with their gardens too. I'm really looking forward to an Elders Quorum activity we've got this week: Indoor Lazer Tag!!!! They have a blowup thing that barely fits inside the gym - it's gonna be a ton of fun! I'll get some pictures too.

That's what's been going on. We hope to be finding and teaching a lot more. I wonder if the visa is on its way?

Hope everyone has a great week!! I love you!!

Elder Fuss

No comments:

Post a Comment