Monday, February 10, 2014


The first thing I read in your emails was about snow. Seriously?!?! That's so cool!!! I bet you all had a blast these last couple days. As for Hesperia, we got a little rain for an hour or two, but the rest of California has gotten a lot more.
 
Before I say more, I found out that one of the sister missionaries in my ward, Sister H. , LOVES the Andy Griffith show. Her favorite episodes are High Noon in Mayberry (Season 3), and Opie the Birdkeeper (Season 4 episode 1). But that was just one of the highlights. I think I've either convinced my companion to watch it, or I've driven him crazy. Oh well :)
 
This weekend we'll have a baptism!!! The H's are all squared to go to get married and then baptized an hour later. Dante and his son Keyshawn have asked me to baptize them, while Elder B. is gonna baptize his fiancé J.
 
One thing though. When I baptized A. last weekend, I accidentally left my long sleeve white shirt and white tie at the building, and when I went to get it back, it was missing. Elder B.  will let me borrow another one of his white ties, but could you send me another shirt and tie for the future? That'd be great.
 
The B's daughters went to mutual for the first time this week - LOVED IT! They're even talking about going to Girls Camp this summer. The whole ward is fellowshipping everyone we're bringing to church. The Lord has really blessed us this week.
 
On Wednesday we did a service project over at a member's house. We dug a 20 by 10 foot trench, 6 inches deep. And the ground in Hesperia is SOLID DUST. So all four of us missionaries took 4 hours to do it all. I'll attach a picture of when we were done. But the next day, Elder B. back was out. He must've pulled a muscle or something. He was hunched over all day, so we had to stay inside on Thursday. I was SO BORED!!! While he was napping, I even tried playing chess with myself - that's how desperate I got haha. But he was fine the next day.
 
I called the FBI about the status on the FBI Clearance, and after being on hold, they told me that I have to wait another week for them to disclose that information. After 4 weeks, and I have to wait another. Heavenly Father is sure teaching me patience :)
 
I found one of the coolest scriptures last week. Check out D&C 128:22. Imagine Joseph Smith like a modern-day Captain Moroni doing a war-cry  --  the Prophet's such a boss!!! I think it's my new favorite scriptures now.
 
But one of the neatest experiences this week was with one of our recent converts, C. She's been trying to give up smoking for a long time, and she hasn't been real successful. So we talked with her to help her be motivated to stop once and for all. After getting past the scientific reasons why it's bot a good idea to smoke, ultimately it came down to this: Addictions prevent us from receiving the most revelation we can. The same can apply to us, and I asked myself this question after the lesson: Is there anything that's blocking us from receiving the most revelation and guidance from the Spirit that we can and should be? Is there any static that's interfering with the still small voice of the Holy Ghost? If so, cut it out! Choose to live on higher ground, and choose to live up to the grand potential we have as children of God. That's what the Gospel helps us do.
 
Missionary work is awesome. I love every second of it.
 
I love you all. I hope the snow lasts. That sled is a beast!!! If it snowed here, I'd probably ask you to send it here, because these hills are intense!
 
Have a great and safe week.      Love Elder Fuss
 

 
It got so cold and windy that I was bundled up with everything I had: beanie, scarf, gloves, and both layers of my coat. The wind makes it twice as hard to bike. But this week is should be getting a lot better. The last two days I've been sweating in just a short sleeve shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment