Tuesday, February 18, 2014







Hi everyone!! It feels weird doing emailing on Tuesday instead of Monday. But we did have some extra time yesterday to do a zone activity.

We played a game called Savageball. It's like ultimate free-for-all dodgeball. You have one ball, and you can't move once you have it. But if the person who hits you gets out, you're back in. So in order to win, you have to be the one who gets everyone out. Rarely does anyone win, but it's been a blast to play with 16 missionaries. And today we're all sore from it :) 

So I called the FBI (again) about getting the Clearance, and they told me I have it!!! I was so excited/nervous when I heard! I'm not sure what it all means, but it's a step closer to Brazil. They told me you should be getting paperwork by this Wednesday the 19th. If all goes well, I could be leaving by the end of this transfer. 

The highlight of this week was definitely the H's wedding and baptism. Man was it awesome!!! They had family come from all over California, some of whom they hadn't seen in decades! And the family all loved the baptism too. They were clapping after each of them were baptized, which made it kinda awkward on a spiritual ordinance. Elder B.  baptized Jamie, and I baptized D.  and K. their son. I think the "multiple baptism" curse is gone. It only took me one try for D. , but twice for their son. I wonder if there's a special technique to baptizing...? The ward was super supportive too. The whole Relief Society room was PACKED for the baptism. There was a wedding reception the day before, and the lady was kind enough to leave up all the decorations for the H.'s reception afterwards. I'll send the pictures I have, but I didn't get any of us in white. Everything happened so fast between the wedding, quickly dressing for the baptism, and the reception. Elder B.  and the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric confirmed the H's on Sunday. And right after Sacrament meeting, the bishop interviewed D. and K. for the Priesthood, and D. paid his tithing! Talk about conversion!!!! 

And, on top of that, D. B. (the returning less-active father who baptized his daughters), is getting his patriarchal blessing soon! He got interviewed right after the H.'s

Other than the H.'s, this week was kinda blech. Elder B. had some weird knee problems, and he could hardly walk for a couple days. In his sleep, his knee would instinctively bend up, so he wasn't getting any circulation to it, like it was super "asleep." So when he woke up in the middle of the night and moved his knee down, it felt like a pulled muscle and a bruise. But he's feeling a lot better after not biking for a few days, and we're ready to work :) I'm sick of sitting at home - there's nothing to do!! haha

Oh, and I got your Valentine's Day package on Friday - LOVED IT!!!! Sister H. liked the Andy Griffith calendar too. Elder B. just rolled his eyes when he saw it. :) And the shirt fits great!! I'm grateful that the white blends in with my other shirts too. 

Hope everyone has a fun and safe week!!   Love Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment