Monday, April 7, 2014

Hey everyone! 

This week has been great! I've seen a lot of blessings this week, especially from General Conference. It was sooo good! We didn't watch it with members, so we just went to the Stake Center and watched it all there. That place was dead! Out of the 12 people inside that chapel, all but two were missionaries haha. I can't believe it's all gone by so fast. And what's even better is reading through all the talks in the next couple weeks. My favorite talks were by Elder Holland, Elder Bednar, Bishop Stevenson, Elder Ballard, and Elder Scott - so many favorites! 

Thank you so much for the birthday present!!! Elder F.  recorded me opening my package without me realizing it. I'll send off this SD card before I leave. I loved the Andy Griffith shirt too!! And I've got the Barney Fife license in my wallet. It was a really good birthday. We didn't have a lot of time after Priesthood Session, but Elder F.  and I are gonna go out to eat somewhere before transfers. 

This week I woke up for Early Morning Seminary for the first time - 4:30! haha Elder F.  and I were invited to help out the Seminary kids learn how to invite their friends to come to seminary. This week is Invite Your Friend To Seminary week, so we role-played with the teens to help them see how normal it is to invite someone, even if they don't come. We got Costco muffins afterwards, so it was pretty cool. Oh, and this one teenager is from Brazil, so we talked for a little bit in Portuguese. You probably won't believe this, but she actually understood me!! Everytime I try talking to a Spanish-speaker in Portuguese, they look at me like I'm speaking with rocks in my mouth haha. And I hope the CTM will boost in those dusty language skills.

Elder F.  and I have been doing great, and we're still having a blast with our roommates Elder S. and Elder S . Last night Elder S.  taught us how to throw playing cards so they cut through paper - it works! I even got one to stick in the ceiling this morning! Just one of the crazy things we've been up to.

As for our teaching, we're hopefully gonna have the B.'s be baptized this upcoming weekend, but we haven't been able to see them this last week and we still have some things to teach them. The rest of our investigators have been doing well. With MLC and General Conference this week, we didn't have as much time to proselyte, but it'll pick back up this week. Elder F.  and I are just gonna kill it over these couple weeks :) We're excited. 

One of our investigators, Jose, has been going through some hard times. He owns his own moving and cleaning business, but he hasn't had a lot of business lately. And his landlord just served him with a 3-day notice. On Friday we went in planning on teaching the Restoration. But after hearing him talk about how stressed he is, we got the prompting to give him a priesthood blessing. He said he felt really warm inside, and he wanted that feeling again. Well, Church, prayer, and scriptures is the answer we gave him. He went out of town this weekend but we hope to see him at church soon.

This gospel is so awesome. After listening to general conference, the youth are really being focused on. The world is going crazy!! I was just in the mall a couple hours ago. Elder F.
 had to get some presents for his brother, but just walking through it felt weird. And the clothing stores have gone nuts too! So much of the stuff is inappropriate. Stay true guys and buckle up, cuz we're in the last days.

Love you all. Thanks again for the birthday wishes :)    Elder Nissinen


No comments:

Post a Comment