Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Lion King and Kung Fu Panda

Dear family and friends, 

We're working hard here in Ho! I'm starting to learn how to work smarter and not harder. The other day I was cleaning out some cabinet spaces, and I found an old membership record from over a year ago. I got excited at it, and went through and called every single member on that list that we did not know. Many of the numbers didn't exist anymore and several people have relocated since, but there was many we got a hold of that still live in the area. Since then we've had a renewed focus on strengthening the inactives/less-actives in the branch. It's fun! It also opens the windows up for more investigators, as many of these families are only part-member families. The field is white already to harvest! 
Some cool kids after seminary we taught the other night.

I am almost at the point where I can state every person's name in sacrament now, which is nice. 

Elder Effiong hasn't been feeling too good this week, so that's been a little hold-up for us. Actually, there must be some kind of sickness going around, because everyone is getting sick. We've given more blessings this week than I've ever given in my whole life. It's nice being able to have the opportunity to use my priesthood when people need it. After all, priesthood is all about service, right?
Last night. One of my favorite families. Cool kids, cool parents. Both girls are super nice and kind. We're going over there Friday night for one of the girl's birthday.

Yesterday our first counselor gave a talk. It was one of the coolest talks I've ever heard. He related the gospel to Lion King and Kung Fu Panda. It was incredible! Everybody was engaged. He told me I'm giving a talk this coming Sunday, so I'm working on relating the gospel to Frozen. We'll see how it turns out! A member brought 3 of his friends to church, and they were all really interested in the investigator's class. We're excited to meet with them tomorrow.
It's called Kente. It's a local african fabric but it's hand weaved. So it's tedious and takes a very long time. A member makes it. Check out dropbox for a video. One of the cooler things I've ever seen. Very talented! 

Yeah my skin feels better. Actually, my arms are getting really dark! This picture doesn't do it justice, but maybe you can tell
Well, that's about it for my week. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Good to hear the family is all back together again. I hope Jacob passes his drug test. Best of luck to you all! Enjoy this time together. 

Love always, 

Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment