Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Dear family and friends, 


As any missionary can attest to, a mission covers our highest of highs and our lowest of lows. Emotions are typically either through the roof or down to the ground, with not much in the middle. That has been the summary of my week.

We have a few investigators who are super committed to the gospel right now. We planned on extending baptismal dates to 4 people. One accepted, and the other three are still pending. Some lessons went really really great, and others not so good. 
Some elders let us borrow the Restoration video. It works fantastic! We use it with my speaker and our DVD player to our investigators. I don't know why it took so long to think of doing this. 

On Friday, we walked out of our apartment praying for some new investigators. A few minutes later we got one from a member. About 5 minutes later, I got a call from some weird number, so I answered it. Turned out to be a Sister missionary in New York who worksmormon.org. A man requested for a Book of Mormon online, and we were the ones who lives in his area, so she forwarded his information to us. We met with the guy the following day, and his was really interested in the Book of Mormon and had been searching for a copy for a long time. It was the first time I've received a referral from the Church. It worked flawlessly! Cool stuff! 

Saturday was suppose to be Daniel's baptism. We called his father and asked him about some information on the baptismal form, and he told us we can't baptize his son. This was about 1 hour before the service. He is coming this Friday, and we are going to try and work things out with him so Daniel can get baptized soon. I was really upset at the whole thing, but it'll all work out in the end. 
Investigators brought food to the baptism, but of course it fell through, so we had a little party anyways! It was fun and helped me feel better again

Kenkey and fried fish with pepper. My favorite! Yummmmmm!

We had SIX investigators in sacrament yesterday! It was super fantastic. I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about forgiveness, and how we needed to be like Elsa and Anna in Frozen and just "let it go". I thought it was funny. We almost gave the lesson in Gospel Principles. Then we gave the lesson in EQ. A lot of teaching!

It's raining 3 or 4 times a week now, so that is making proselyting a challenge. Elder Effiong doesn't like the rain at all haha. 

Anyways, great to hear everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves. Have a great week! By the way, I received your package. The hat is SO GREAT! Probably the best gift I've received on my whole mission. I love that thing. It's fantastic. So thanks a lot. 
I love my new HAT!!!  

Love, Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment