Monday, June 20, 2016

Temple and Ten

Dear family and friends, 

I gotta make a comment about the emails this week. You guys are hilarious! Every letter just cracked me up. I love my family. 

Also, hope Dad had a Happy Father's Day! Looks like you treated him well with those shoes and sweets, so good job kids. 
The long drive to the temple. Dougal! I was asked if we had air conditioning. What is air conditioning??? 

Last week was great! We got a surprise text from our Zone Leaders Thursday that the next morning we were going to the temple! President Heid has been putting an emphasis on temple attendance for us missionaries lately. It was a super great experience. I hadn't been in the temple since November, and it sure felt uplifting worshiping in there again. There's a lot of spiritual power inside temples. Afterwords we went to the mission home, had lunch, and President talked with us. It was a long day with a lot of sitting, but it was definitely worthwhile! 
Because of that and some other sudden things, our proselyting hours were limited a bit. President Heid was talking to us about the temple right after we went and he was saying how there are people here we met in the premortal existence that we promised we'd come down and give the gospel to. I've thought a lot about that (it kind of gets me emotional haha). I think of these people as my long-lost friends. 

There's a big part of our area that we haven't even touched yet, and when we were traveling to the temple, I started to feel guilty, like I'm not being responsible for my area. I fasted Sunday to get inspiration on how we should go about in this new area. Elder Effiong and I have a great attitude about going there this week. We'll be armed with our scriptures and plenty of pamphlets! Wish us luck! 

This month for the "Come Follow Me" is the Priesthood, so the young women have invited us to come teach them this month. So that's been fun I guess....

We have a baptism this Saturday for a lady named Bless. She's a referral from a member, and she's definitely ready for her baptism! We are excited for her on this important day. 

I forgot to mention last week that transfers are tomorrow (Tuesday). I hope I stay here for quite a bit longer! Since Elder Madsen I've learned and reflected a lot on how I could have been better. I'm very different than just a few months ago. I would like to train again and correct some mistakes I made then. 

Today marks TEN months! Double digits baby! Sorry the camping trip didn't go too hot, but at least you made something fun out of it, right? I don't know how I feel about the new car. The CRV is a lot of fun. Dad don't get tired of the truck please. 

Have a great week! Summer is in full swing now. 

Love always, 
Elder Nissinen

No comments:

Post a Comment