Monday, June 27, 2016

You've Just Gotta Laugh Sometimes!

Dear family and friends, 


It's sure great to hear from all of you again. Thanks for the fun pictures. And congrats on the new calling Dad! That's so exciting, and you'll do great. 

I don't really know how to describe my week. It was a fine week, but it was pretty stressful and a lot of things came up that we had to deal with. 

We got ourselves new bikes! Well they're new to us. We fixed up some old ones in the apartment. It's been a long time since we've proselyted on bikes, and it'll be good to get back on them again. They still need a bit of repairing though. 

Elder Effiong got sick Thursday, so we didn't go out until the evening. I was able to give him a priesthood blessing, which was a neat experience. 

Remember when I told you about that part of our area that we've never touched yet? We went there Tuesday and did some heavy contacting. There's a couple people who seem serious, so we're in the process of a big "follow up" with lots of people. 
Fun youth quiz game Wednesday night.
This week is the adults! 

Fun story about the bikes: 
We were riding down Saturday to visit an investigator when Elder Effiong ran over a pipe and busted it! Water was spraying everywhere. We didn't know what to do, and people started congregating from everywhere to get the free water! We were able to get our first counselor to find a plumber and fix it up about 30 minutes later. Looking back on it, it was a pretty funny experience. 
Effiong ran our new bikes over a pipe Saturday. People were coming in from everywhere to get free water! He got a video of it. 

I had my first baptismal interview Friday night! It was for a 12 year old girl. I enjoyed it. I hope I get more opportunities to meet soon-to-be converts.

Of course, the highlight of the week was the baptism of Bless. She was a referral from a member, and we've been working with her for about 2 and a half months now. It was a special day for her! We had a goal of two convert baptisms this month, and we got three! To us, that is a big accomplishment. The work is moving!

Bless's baptism Saturday morning. She's a great convert. This is her and her family. Bless is 20 years old.



I'd just like to add a special thanks to the ward for their support and love in me. That's really nice of them to be thinking of me. Thank you! 

Well, that's about it for our week. Elder Effiong and are doing great. I love my mission, I love my area, and I love our investigators! 

Have a wonderful week everyone! Enjoy. 

Love Elder Nissinen 

No comments:

Post a Comment