Thursday, July 7, 2016

Happy Birthday America!!!

Dear friends and family, 

I'm pretty far away from home, but you don't worry, I'm a citizen of the United States of America and I still feel patriotic today! 

Our week was great. Elder Effiong and I have been blessed to have a young man come with us every single day, which is a big help when it comes to translation issues. It's definitely a blessing! He'll be so prepared for his own mission soon. 
Some of my favorite pictures of my mission!


The second one had a big hole in it! The hole was made by the termites or ants and you can see all the way to the top! Super cool!!!



We've got several investigators who are preparing for their baptisms right now. However, many of them will need major changes in order for us to convert them. Miracles, honestly, need to happen. I've thought about what I'm asking people to do on a daily basis: give up drugs, co-habitation, their own previous church with all their friends there, repent, and accept the commitment of being dedicated to the Church and follow Jesus Christ for the rest of their lives. It's an incredibly hard pill to swallow, but people do it all the time everywhere. Why? Because the Church is true, and God is leading this work. I'm simply suppose to be His tool in which He can use to make it all happen. For those of you who are preparing for a mission, seriously ponder what you'll be asking people to do and give up. It will change the way you teach and love your investigators.

We were so happy to see two great investigators at sacrament yesterday. It's a wonderful feeling! 

Saturday was kind of funny. For one reason or another, we literally taught the Book of Mormon all day long! Hour after hour, lesson after lesson, question after question - we did it! It wasn't easy to keep our focus (especially after answering the same questions all day) and as we were biking home I mentally started complaining, when I realized how lucky I was! Seriously, I was able to talk about "the keystone of our religion" all day long! What a blessing, right?! 

Well, that's about it for our week. I love my mission so much. It's amazing. I'm so appreciative for this opportunity I have to serve in Ghana. I realize how blessed we are as Americans to live in such a wonderful country with plenteous opportunities. Have a great 4th! I miss making my 4th of July playlist haha. God bless America!!!!! 
Don't worry, your boy is still American! 

Breakfast.....Butterfinger!

Pizza for lunch.... 

and more junk for Dinner!!! Wohoo!


Love always, 

Elder Nissinen 

No comments:

Post a Comment